Swamiji's words: "Remember that the nation lives in the cottages... the fate of a nation ... depend(s) upon the condition of the masses. Can you raise them ?"
National Youth Conference 2014
On this very special occasion of the 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda, the Indian monk who rediscovered culture, religion and humanity in the light of his peerless wisdom, who served to alleviate the pains of rich and poor alike and lived the example of universal brotherhood, who showed the ideal path of growth and dharma to the youth of India and the world and who is the guiding light of our group, Vivekanand Swadhyay Mandal, we invite you all to the National Youth Conference on
Youth For Social Entrepreneurship
Envisaging the world based on Swami Vivekanand’s humanitarian values, an endeavour is being undertaken to provide a platform where diverse opinions, perspectives and efforts meet to enrich one another for a bigger cause: Youth For Social Entrepreneurship is thus, the central theme of YUVA-2014. Social entrepreneurship is the process of creating values by bringing in together a unique package of resources to exploit an opportunity in pursuit of higher social returns. Social entrepreneurship thus seems to be motivated by social benefit. The conference will be benefitted by the experiences of social workers, working at grass-root levels for the cause of a better society and nation. Educational institutes can play a pivotal role in determining the future of the nation, if they come out of the old school ways of focusing more on cramming of books to earn grades. Instead, we want to impart a ‘man-making’ education which imbibes it practicality by emphasizing on societal outlook while focusing on integrated personality growth. The idea is to ‘catch them young.’ The dissection and enrichment of ideas by visionaries from all across the country will help in identifying deficiencies, possibilities and opportunities prevailing in the current societal framework. The venue of this conference is the pious land of Pantnagar University, the ‘Harbinger of Green Revolution’ in India. World aspires for a hunger-free and prosperous humanity and Pantnagar University has been whole-heartedly striving for it for last five decades.
Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar is the first and premiere agricultural university of India. It is located in the serene foothills of Himalayas and is endowed with ample beauty of Mother Nature. Ushering and promoting development has been our prime concern since inception with mandates of teaching, research and extension. Vivekanand Swadhyay Mandal and Sanskritic Chetna Parishad, the stakeholders of this National Youth Conference, are bodies working in the University for integrated and holistic development of youth to transform them as dedicated and sensitive change agents with an excellent track record of 14 years.
The conference is open for students, youth, academicians, researchers, practitioners, extension scientists, social workers, NGOs and all concerned stake holders who feel the urge to eradicate the challenges of the world by proactive role of enlightened youth. We invite you to join this important conference by submitting your Research Paper/ Review paper/ Opinion Paper/ an idea/business plan of your original views, opinion, plan, strategy, research outcome, case etc which focuses on promoting and inculcating social enterpreneurship among youth as part of Idea contest.
You can participate in Idea Contest of the Conference as well, alongwith your paper presentation. You may participate only in Research paper segment or Only in Idea Contest segment or in both. You may even register in the conference without putting up any paper or Idea as a delegate.
- To commemorate the thoughts, philosophy and teachings of Swami Vivekanand, finding their relevance in modern perspective and formulating ways for their implementation for social, moral,intellectual,spiritual and cultural upliftment.
- To understand the notion of social entrepreneurship in its full sense, to develop the wisdom to discriminate it from a business venture and to present the youth with ideas for venturing into an exciting field of career aimed at wholistic development of society.
- To foster a sense of sensitivity among the youth towards the weaker sections of society and to impress upon the need for sustained efforts for integrated development of nation.
- To identify the major problems of the marginalized sections of society and come up with practical and sustainable solutions involving people participation.
Subthemes of the Conference:
A. Social Entrepreneurship : Myth, realities and trends with an eye on future
B. Social Entrepreneurship : Perspectives on Health, Education and Environment
C. Generating the vigour of social entrepreneurship : The leap over
D. The Youth Perpective : Ideas to transform the Nation
- You can submit your research paper, review paper or opinion paper on any of the above themes.
- Your abstract on any of the above themes should reach Conference Seretariat through e-mail by 30th November, 2013.
- Word limit for abstract is 500 words.
- You can also participate in Idea Contest of the Conference as well, alongwith your paper presentation. You may participate only in Research paper segment or Only in Idea Contest segment or in both. You may even register in the conference without putting up any paper or Idea as a delegate.
- To participate in Idea Contest, please look into the rules in adjoining links.
- For any clarification : dial 09412120840 to connect with Dr. Gaurav Papnai or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope to make this conference an interactive platform for mutual sharing, conviction and action for a better world.